Freight Safe Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms as set out on this page below.
Freight Assist Australia FreightSafe Warranty Terms & Conditions
- Freight Assist Australia will provide to the Customer a warranty against loss or damage to Goods during the Carriage and while the Goods are in the possession of Freight Assist Australia or their agents, subject to the limitations and exclusions set out hereunder, hereinunder referred to as the FreightSafe Warranty.
- The FreightSafe Warranty applies to all goods consigned on each Customer’s unique account number, as well as all cash sale consignments.
FreightSafe Warranty Claims
Any claim under the FreightSafe Warranty for damage to or loss of Goods (“Claim”) must be made online, using the online claim form found at https://claimform.freightsafe.com/faa
- The Customer must notify Freight Assist Australia in writing of any Claim within the following time limits:
- where the Receiver has indicated in writing on the Proof of Delivery or has records that they have informed Freight Assist Australia that damage has occurred in respect of the Goods, within seven (7) business days from the date of delivery of the Goods to the Delivery Address;
- where the Receiver has acknowledged that the Goods have been delivered and received in good order and condition, within 48 hours from the date of delivery of the Goods to the Delivery Address;
- In respect of Claims for non-delivery, within seven (7) business days from expected delivery date.
- The Customer may only make one (1) Claim per consignment.
- The Customer must provide to Freight Assist Australia with any Claim, documentary evidence acceptable to Freight Assist Australia (for example copy of the supplier’s invoice or evidence of actual cost of manufactured goods) as proof of value of the Goods.
- Where the customer makes a valid Claim, Freight Assist Australia reserves the right to pay the Claim directly to the Customer by credit note to the Customer’s account.
- Claims will only be paid by Freight Assist Australia in respect of any Claim after the Customer has paid all outstanding amounts owed by the Customer to Freight Assist Australia on their account, so that the account is within agreed trading terms.
FreightSafe Warranty Limitations
- The FreightSafe Warranty is subject to the following limitations:
- Claims are limited to loss of or damage to the Goods only. For the avoidance of doubt, the FreightSafe Warranty does not cover any consequential loss or damage suffered by the Customer as a result of loss or damage to the Goods.
- The maximum amount that may be claimed from Freight Assist Australia under the FreightSafe Warranty is the lesser of:
- the FreightSafe Warranty Limitation Amount of $1,500 or;
- the cost price of the Goods, as supported by documentary evidence acceptable to Freight Assist Australia (for example copy of the supplier’s invoice or evidence of actual cost of manufactured goods).
- GST and freight charges relating to the consignment covered by the FreightSafe Warranty shall not be included in the calculation of any amount payable under the FreightSafe Warranty in respect of the Goods and any payment by Freight Assist Australia arising out of any Claim made by the Customer will be exclusive of GST.
- Where a claim has been paid in full for goods damaged, Freight Assist Australia reserves the right to take possession of the goods as salvage and to dispose of such goods as it sees fit.
FreightSafe Warranty Exclusions
- Freight Assist Australia will not be liable for any Claims made by Customers in any of the following circumstances:
- Where the Customer has not paid the FreightSafe Warranty charge;
- Where the Customer is not the account holder (unless the consignment is on a cash sale basis);
- Where the Customer fails to submit the Claim to Freight Assist Australia within the relevant time limits set out above;
- Where Freight Assist Australia is in possession of an unendorsed proof of delivery form for the consignment;
- Where the Goods consigned are Excluded Goods, where “Excluded Goods” means each of the following items:-
- currency; jewelry; precious metals; precious stones; antiques; works of art; drugs; weapons; living animals or plants; perishable goods; cigarettes, tobacco and tobacco related products; valuable documents; glass or glass related products.
- Dangerous Goods (DG’s) will not be covered for either loss or damage in transit, unless formally accepted by Freight Assist Australia in writing.
- In the event of damage to second hand or used goods in transit.
- In the event of loss of second hand or used goods in transit, claims will be paid at the current depreciated market value of the goods, as determined by FreightSafe, to a maximum of the Warranty Limitation Amount of $1,500 and subject to the Terms & Conditions of the FreightSafe Warranty.
- Where the Goods have not been packed in the original manufacturer’s packaging or the equivalent, and/or Freight Assist Australia in its reasonable opinion considers the Packaging of the Goods to be inadequate for road, rail, sea or air transportation;
- Where the Goods were not adequately labelled, or no label exists on the consignment;
- Where the Goods are determined by Freight Assist Australia to have been defective prior to the Carriage;
- Where damage, mechanical failure or other operational defect in the Goods could not, in the reasonable opinion of Freight Assist Australia, have been caused by the Carriage;
- Where Freight Assist Australia fails, delays or is unable to carry out its obligations under this contract due to strikes and / or lockouts (whether of Freight Assist Australia’ own employees or those of others and whether or not Freight Assist Australia could have avoided the same by acceding to the demands of the employees responsible for such action), acts of God, war, terrorism, fire, flood, embargo, litigation, acts of government or any agency instrumentality or any political subdivision thereof or any other cause beyond the control Freight Assist Australia;
- Where the goods have been lost or damaged as a result of derailments, collisions, overturning;
- Where the Delivery Address is a post office box, a roadside drop or postal mail box.
Amendments to Terms and Conditions of Contract
- Freight Assist Australia reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of contract from time to time, without prior notice to the Customer.