About the Company:
The company is a leading bulk transport and logistics provider, specialising in general and express freight Australia-Wide. We are firmly focused on providing a solution driven approach and maintaining an “uncompromised” service level to everything we do. Our core specialties are vastly spread across a range of industries; including (but not limited to): food, manufacturing, dangerous and hazardous goods (packaged and bulk) and general products.
Our Core Values and Beliefs:
Relationships | Being transparent and open builds a strong foundation with our customers, suppliers, and staff.
Integrity | Honesty and respect is the foundation of a strong working relationship.
Reliability | Our professional and service focused commitment ensures our customers satisfaction.
Innovation | Constant and never-ending improvement ensures our clients always receive the best service.
100% Commitment to Safety | All injuries are preventable and all employees have the right to go home without incident
About the Role:
The Fleet Allocator is a key support position responsible for driving day to day operational efficiency, safety and customer service levels in our Altona, Victoria branch. Reporting to the Operations Manager your key accountability includes delivering on key KPI’s through effective planning as well as the management of operational costs, mass and COR compliance.
This is not a role for the faint hearted. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate a proven track record in working under extreme pressure at times and achieving set KPI’s.
- Planning of all deliveries and pickups ensuring the fleet is utilised to its maximum efficiency and capacity at all times
- Coordinate the routing of loads to maximise the efficient use of equipment, subcontractors and labour
- Overcome constraints of day to day requirements for pick-ups and deliveries
- Ensure dangerous goods are handled to comply with the Dangerous Goods Act
- Ensure driver work schedules are in accordance with fatigue management regulations
- Monitor and ensure driver pre-trip checks are completed
- Rostered weekend work may be required from time to time.
- Have an absolute passion in everything they do
- Total focus on quality and customer service
- Strong understanding of the Transport / Logistics industry
- Substantial operational experience and knowledge in the same or a similar role
- Solid knowledge of the Melbourne metropolitan area
- Have a proven track record in managing safety and CoR responsibilities
- Ability to carry out all duties within set time frames and follow instruction.
In Return, we can Offer:
- Job security
- Generous remuneration and benefits
- A company with a high Safety focus and culture
- A friendly team environment.
The company will require all successful candidates to undertake a criminal history check, pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol testing.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage men and women of all ages and Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply
Please Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies/third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.